Paws and Plates: Exploring Dog-Friendly Restaurants and Summer Activities in Rhode Island
Rhode Island, also known as the Ocean State, offers a delightful blend of picturesque landscapes and vibrant culinary scenes. For dog owners, the summer season provides the perfect opportunity to explore the state’s dog-friendly restaurants and engage in outdoor activities with their furry companions. In this guide, we’ll take you on a journey through some of the best dog-friendly restaurants and exciting summer activities that Rhode Island has to offer.
- The Red Parrot (Newport): Located in the heart of Newport, The Red Parrot welcomes dogs on its outdoor patio. With a diverse menu featuring seafood, burgers, and more, you can savor delicious meals while enjoying the sea breeze with your canine friend by your side.
- Dune Brothers Seafood (Providence): If you’re a seafood enthusiast, Dune Brothers Seafood in Providence is a must-visit. This dog-friendly eatery offers a casual atmosphere and an extensive menu of fresh catches. Relax on the outdoor patio with your dog and indulge in the flavors of the ocean.
- Diego’s (Middletown): Diego’s in Middletown is known for its Mexican-inspired cuisine and welcoming outdoor space for dogs. Enjoy tacos, margaritas, and a lively atmosphere while your dog soaks in the sunshine. It’s a fantastic spot for a casual and pet-friendly dining experience.
Summer Activities with Your Dog:
- Beach Day at Misquamicut State Beach: Rhode Island boasts beautiful beaches, and Misquamicut State Beach is no exception. During the summer, the beach allows leashed dogs, providing an ideal setting for a day of sun, sand, and surf. Don’t forget to bring dog-friendly sunscreen for your furry friend.
- Hiking at Lincoln Woods State Park: For the more adventurous dog owner, Lincoln Woods State Park offers scenic trails and picturesque landscapes. Leash up your pup and embark on a hiking adventure through the park’s wooded trails, enjoying the serenity of nature.
- Paddleboarding on Narrow River: Rhode Island’s waterways are perfect for water activities with your dog. Rent a paddleboard on Narrow River and enjoy a leisurely paddle with your canine companion. Many dogs love the sensation of being on the water, making it a unique and enjoyable experience for both of you.
Rhode Island, with its charming restaurants and diverse outdoor activities, provides a fantastic summer getaway for dog owners. From savoring delectable dishes at dog-friendly eateries to exploring the state’s natural beauty, there’s something for every canine and their human companion. So, leash up your pup, pack some treats, and embark on a memorable adventure in the Ocean State.